Skip to main content
Getting to know your Maulers
Player #4 Matt Chamberlain






Get to know your Maulers
Player #4: Matt Chamberlain



  


(Credit to Missoula Maulers)
 Welcome back to another Meet your Maulers! The next player I talked with is forward #20 Matt Chamberlain. Matt is 6 ft 3 in, 190 lbs, and is from Spokane, Washington, USA. He has been a power force on the Maulers roster for 2 seasons now and absolutely kills it on the ice. In the 2012-2013 season, he had 2 goals in 42 games, 11 assists, 13 TPs, 54 PIMs, and a +/- of 2. Unlike many others, this was not the first time I have interviewed Matt. The last time I did was back in May of 2012. When I watch Matt play, I love the fact that he embraces his height unlike many other players. He connects very well on and off the ice with his team mates and brings a certain physicality to his shifts. When you watch him play you will see him not only go top shelf but he won't back down from any challenge either. I am excited to see him back on the ice for his 3rd season in the Zoo and let's see what kind of spectacular plays he can bring this year! I had the pleasure of interviewing Matt and here are the questions I asked him!



1.  What are you most looking forward to with the Maulers this year?

MC: I'm really looking forward to hearing the fans at GIR! [Glacier Ice Rink] But I'm also improving myself as a player.

2. What do you expect to bring to the team this year?

MC: With my size I expect to bring physicality but also a scoring touch.

3. What age did you start playing?

MC: Started skating at 3. I was on my first tier at 4

4. Other than hockey what are your hobbies or things you like to do outside the rink?

MC: I like to fly fish with Manny and Z! I like to hang out with my family and friends and anything outdoors! 

5. What is your favorite NHL team and player?

MC: My favorite NHL team is the up and coming Toronto Maple Leafs! And my favorite player has to be Malkin!

6. Where do you see yourself  in hockey in the next 5 years?

MC: Hopefully college hockey or higher in juniors.

7. What do you like most about Missoula?

MC: Other than the hockey I'd have to say the chances to see all the outdoors and wildlife here.

8. Is there anything you would like to say to the fans?
MC: Don't miss any of the action! It's going to be a good season! The Chamberlain brothers are bound to amaze the crowd.

9. Xavier LaFlamme, Hanson Brothers, or Jimmy Craig?

MC: Hanson Brothers no question

10. If you had to compare yourself to anyone in the NHL who would it be?

MC: Brent Burns of the San Jose Sharks he hits and can score.

11. Do you have any pregame rituals or songs?

MC: I sit and tape my stick in the same spot every home and away game and I have a playlist I listen to before every game

12. Who is the best travel partner?

MC: Christian Manning, Anders Nord, Z, or Schafer we all keep it interesting

13. If you had to pair up a villain and a superhero on the team who would it be?

MC: Villain would be "THE" Corey Schafer and the person I would see rescuing a damsel in distress would have to be superman himself Christian Manning haha

14. Who is the best dressed?

MC: Best dressed would have to be Sebastian I don't know what is is but the Swedes bring style across the ocean

15. Best hockey memory?

MC: My first junior goal! Scored to tie the game against Helena definitely best hockey memory

16. Worst locker room experience?

MC: Not gonna go too deep into it but I've had some good pranks pulled against me no question

17. Who is the player that best embodies the junior lifestyle?

MC: Gotta be "THE" Corey Schafer he's all about this life style it's "What he likes to do"

18. If you had to be stranded on a desert island with anyone in the world who would it be?

MC: Mila Kunis or Kate Upton hands down

   Do you see what I mean? Chamberlain is a genuine hockey beaut out breaking legs and taking names. He is a for sure candidate in my opinion to be on the road as a future NA veteran and possibly all the way to the show. Good luck this season Matt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha