Skip to main content
Getting to know your Maulers
Player #10 Connor McNally






Get to know your Maulers
Player #10: Connor McNally







(Credit to jpsphotos.net)
Welcome back to another Meet your Maulers! In this article you will get to meet forward #22 Connor McNally! Suggested by Auzzie Auzzinnaro, it was time to switch the questions up and I agreed 100%! I actually tested out the new questions with Auzzie and it went over well and so I decided to interview Connor with the same set. McNally is 6 ft 0 in, 180 lbs, is from Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA, and is a '94. He played for the Maulers in the 2012-2013 when they were still in the AWHL. In that season he had 1 goal in 40 games played, 6 assists, 7 TPs, 61 PIMs, and a +/- of -4. I am very excited that Connor is back because he was such a huge force last year and so far he is this year as well. Not only does he have strong scoring capabilities, but his physical play is outstanding! If there was an opposing player and he saw McNally rushing down the ice he would with no doubt have to brace himself for bone rattling impact. He isn't afraid to stand up for his team mates or his own game. I am so glad that Connor decided to rejoin the team! I hope you all enjoy the new questions and here they are!


1. What are you most looking forward to this year with the Maulers?

CM: Winning a championship

2. What skills do you expect to bring to the team?

CM: Good offensive and defensive awareness, chirping and also wheeling

3. Why did you decide to return to the team?

CM: Because I really enjoyed playing here last season. Great hockey town

4. Favorite NHL team and player?

CM: My hometown, the Flyers and favorite player Milan Lucic

5. Where do you expect to be in hockey in the next 5 years?

CM: On the bench. Haha not too sure yet, maybe a water boy for a local peewee team if I'm lucky

6. Favorite pregame meal?

CM: Gotta go with the usual chicken bacon ranch from Dan's Soup n San. With the soup of the day

7. Best travel partner?

CM: I'd have to say D-Squad for sure

8. Greatest chirp you have said or been told?

CM: Hey does coach know you're out here?

9. What are some things you enjoy doing when you are not playing?

CM: Eat, sleep, workout, star gaze, and read books while I'm wearing my camo long johns

10. Best dressed?

CM: With out a doubt myself. I enjoy a nice pair of slacks

11. Best hockey memory?

CM: I scored on a clapper from the point on a power play and exploded the goalie's water bottle, then went up to him and asked if I could have a sip.

12. Worst rink you have ever played in?

CM: Probably this place back home called "the rink" the locker rooms were 15 feet by 15, and you had to walk out of the locker room to take a shower....Also on the ice about every 20 feet there were support beams that ran across over the ice. You could hit it with your stick if you tried

13. Xavier LaFlamme, Hanson Brothers, or Jack O'Callahan?

CM: O'Callahan

14. If you had to compare yourself to any NHL player who would it be?

CM: Most likely Biznasty

15. Who is the person who best embodies the junior lifestyle?

CM: Myself haha

16. If you had to be stuck on a desert island with anyone in the world who would it be? Anyone on the team?

CM: If I was stuck I'd want Z there with me because his survival instincts are pretty neat. Also Manning cause he would catch us fish, and I can't catch fish even if you tossed one at me

17. Anything you would like to tell the fans?

CM: Best fans in the league! They really do give us home ice advantage

18. Which NHL player would you want to go one on one with?

CM: Definitely not Phil Kessel because he would chop my legs off!

   I had a great time talking with Connor because he is a major beauty and really understands the hockey lifestyle! I can't wait to watch more of McNally out on the ice and see what physical plays he can bring out this year! Thank you very much it was a great pleasure and good luck with the Maulers Connor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle