Skip to main content
Getting to know your Maulers
Player #9 Henrik Ekestahl







Get to know a Mauler
Player #9: Henrik Ekestahl






(Credit to Missoula Maulers)
Welcome back to another Meet your Maulers! This time we are getting to know defenseman #12 Henrik Ekestahl. Henrik is 5 ft 9 in, 176 lbs, and is from Umea, Sweden. In the 2012-2013 season he played with Bjorkloven J20. He recorded 3 goals in 23 games played, 5 assists, 8 TPs, 24 PIMs, and a +/- of 11. I am a huge fan of defenseman and when I watched the Maulers vs. Totems series, I was specifically watching the blue liners. I am certainly glad I was watching Henrik because man this guy can play! He is very good with the physical aspect of but I think his strong point would be the technical side. Henrik has a very strong clapper and has soft hands with the puck. He can flick the puck very smoothly for some sick sauce. He isn't afraid of any oncoming attackers and seems to be threatened by no one. Sturdy defenseman and all around smart player. Here is what Henrik had to say!


1. What are you most looking forward to this season with the Maulers?

HE: To win games

2. What do you expect to bring to the team this year?

HE: Passion to the game and the winning

3. What age did you start playing?

HE: 5 years old

4. Other than hockey what are your hobbies/things you like to do outside the rink?

HE:Play tennis, golf, hang out with my friends

5. Is there anything you would like to tell the fans?

HE: Come to the game on Friday haha [This past weekend]

6. Where do you see yourself in hockey in the next 5 years?

HE:I don't know. I'll figure it out in 5 years

7.  Who is your favorite NHL team?

HE: I don't have a favorite NHL team

8. What do you enjoy most about Missoula?

HE: That it's a small city with all the mountains around it. I love that

9. Goon, Slapshot, or Miracle?

HE: Miracle

10. If you had to compare yourself to any NHL player who would it be (and why?)

HE: I don't know actually. I don't watch that much NHL

11. Do you have any pregame rituals or songs?

HE: No

12. Who is the best travel partner?

HE: It would be Sebastian because we speak the same language

13. If you had to pair up a villain and a superhero on the team who would it be?

HE: Superhero would be Christian Manning and the villain would be Corey Schafer

14. Best dressed?

HE: Me and Sebastian

15. Favorite hockey memory?

HE: It was when I played U-16 with the team back home. We went long in the playoffs

16. Worst locker room experience?

HE: Next question haha

17. Who is the team's player who best embodies the junior lifestyle?

HE: It would be my two room mates Corey Schafer and McNally

18. If you had to be stranded on a desert island with anyone in the world who would it be?

HE: Someone who could build a boat to get out of there

19. What is the biggest difference for you between Swedish and North American hockey?

HE: Probably how much tactic we have back home like how to get a play and all that stuff. It is more faster here and they don't care about the techniques as much

20. What do you miss most about home?

HE: Speak my own language, my friends, Mom and Dad, and my sister probably.

21. Is there any language barrier between you and the team mates especially out on the ice?


HE: I don't speak as much on the ice so I don't know I never speak

 Henrik is not only a great defenseman but also goes through interviews very smoothly! Thank you very much for the interview it was a pleasure! Good luck with the Maulers this season!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle