Skip to main content
Jamie Zaleski





Biscuits and Breezers





   Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always clean and he pairs his aggression with quite a bit of finesse that isn't very common nowadays unfortunately. It is absolutely outstanding what he can accomplish out on his shifts. To put this in simpler terms, Jamie loves the game and the game loves him. You all will be able to take an inside look with a phenomenal interview I had with him, review on his FHL career so far, and some pictures/videos if I can find them so sit back. relax, and I hope you enjoy!

(Credit to Ellen Deluca Photography)

   In the 2012-2013 season, Jamie has a total of 11 goals scored in 53 games played, 7 assists, 18 TPs, and 116 PIMs. He is a great player to watch out on the ice because he is always bringing something new to his game, but at the same time remaining in touch with the classics. He has sick mitts, quick skates, and a humongous physical game that will leave you speechless. Zaleski is always willing to stick up for himself or his team mates against opposing players that need to learn a lesson or two. He works a great game at both ends of the ice and works the corners often as often as he works the boards. Jamie is the type of player that supports his team faithfully and is always there. His work ethic is out of this world and his drive to play reaches even farther. People always say that hockey runs through the players' veins but clearly they haven't met Jamie Zaleski. Hockey is his middle name and he tries to become the better player he knows he can every day. I will post a video of a great fight of his below and following that will be a fantastic interview I was able to have with him!

 

  Jamie graciously agreed to have an interview with me and his answers were terrific! Now I will let you all know just a little bit more about Jamie Zaleski, forward for the FHL.

Biscuits: How would you describe your style of play?
Zaleski: Hardworking, passionate, and gritty. I try to use my strengths which are speed and the ability to agitate! Not afraid to drop the gloves to protect myself and my teammates. Can also find the net and make plays.
Biscuits: Would you agree that you play like Pittsburgh Penguins' defenseman Kris Letang?
Zaleski: Hahaha I would have to disagree! We play different positions. Maybe if I switch to defense my play would resemble Letang's.
Biscuits: How do you feel about your current position on the Dashers?
Zaleski: I feel good about it! I'm happy to have a job playing a game that I grew up playing.
Biscuits: How are you liking the FHL with your 3 seasons experience?
Zaleski: I really enjoy playing in the Fed! I like to entertain the fans! I also strive to be a better hockey player every day, no matter what level I'm playing at. I will play as long as I can keep a job!
Biscuits: You currently have 110 PIMs, this season, would you call yourself an aggressor or a protector?
Zaleski: I feel like my style of play when I'm effective tends to agitate or piss off opposing teams! As for protection, I will stick up for a teammate in any situation, as long as they didn't do anything to provoke it! Like if you're running your mouth you should have to back it up!
Biscuits: Do you compare you game to anyone, if any player, in the NHL and if so who and why?
Zaleski: I like to think I'm original ya know one of a kind! I really liked the way Mark Messier played, especially his love and passion for the game and his drive to win! People have compared me to Andrew Shaw and Dan Carcillo.
Biscuits: How do you feel about your stats so far this season?
Zaleski: I am unhappy with my points! Well I predicted 20 in the summer and I'm at 8 halfway through. So we'll see how the rest of the season goes. I really want to start winning! And if that involves me putting a few pucks in the back of the net, great! But if not so be it, I just want to WIN!!
Biscuits: Do you enjoy being involved in the ever growing Illinois hockey scene?
Zaleski: It really doesn't matter to me where I play, I just like to have an impact on the fans! Especially youth hockey players, I remember watching college hockey as a child and it really motivated me to want to play and get better. Maybe some kid is out there watching me play, I could impact a kid's life by simply playing a game! I also like how much the sport has grown since I started playing.
Biscuits: How would you describe your relationship with the team?
Zaleski: I like to get to know my team mates, which always makes it tough in this business because guys get moved around with cuts, trades, and call ups! I'd consider myself a good teammate! Will go out of my way to help if needed. I always try to keep it light in the room!
Biscuits: Do you have any goals for yourself this/next season? 
Zaleski: Well I'm always trying to better myself on and off the ice. I was thinking about doing some traveling after this season! See the world a bit.
Biscuits: Where do you see yourself in hockey in the next 5 years?
Zaleski: Well I hope to be healthy enough to still be playing! If not in the show...at least I should be top line in the Fed!

(Credit to Ellen Deluca Photography)

  Thank you very much for the interview Jamie! As you can see Jamie is a great player to watch throughout his career and has some incredible motives to keep him pushing forward in the game we all love. If you can, try to watch a Danville Dashers game in the FHL and see what this is all about. He is a great player and one of the best I have worked with. If you keep moving forward in your dreams, there are limitless options at what you can accomplish. You can check Zaleski and his team out here: http://fhldanville.pointstreaksites.com/view/fhldanville and make sure you do! I can tell Zaleski will go far in his career because of a great style of play, hard determination, and unending dreams to become the best player he can be everyday.

(Credit to Ellen Deluca Photography)

Thanks for reading another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Every blog will be filled with updated hockey news, player reviews, and much more! Until next time remember, don't get your breezers in a bunch because hockey is always around the corner. Remember, it's always a great day for hockey and it's a lifestyle not just a sport!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha