Skip to main content
Getting to know your Maulers
Player #12 Cody Janzen






Get to know your Maulers
Player #12: Cody Janzen
(Credit to Missoula Maulers)
Welcome back to another Meet your Maulers! In this blog you will get to meet tendy #31 Cody Janzen! Cody is 6 ft 0 in, 165 lbs, is from Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada, and is a '96. He played for the Maulers in the 2012-2013 season when they were still in the AWHL. During that season he had 3.30 goals against average in 22 games played, and a .904 save percentage. Unfortunately, we weren't able to see much of Cody last year due to a concussion and lower body injuries but hopefully we will this year! Janzen is one of the players I have contact with the most on the team and I was quite excited to interview him before the Maulers' Home Opener! He is great in the cage and has great butterflies as well as glove catches. He is very attentive to the plays ongoing in front of him and seems to thrive in high stress situations. He has good hockey sense in time to make important game decisions and is very good about knowing where the puck will be. Also, his yellow goalie gear is epic! Cody is a very good asset to Missoula due to the fact that he is a very stable and reliable goalie with the hockey IQ and sense to know when to leave or stay in the crease, when to butterfly, or when to let the pipes take some of the blow. Here is Cody's interview and I hope you all enjoy!
1. What are you most looking forward to this season with the Maulers?
CJ: Playing back in front  of a great crowd. I mean the town supports us it's just gonna be a good season again
2. What do you expect to bring to the team this year?
CJ: Um I expect to bring more leadership to the back end. I mean playing most of the year last year and getting some veteran experience, I will help out some of the new young guys on the team
3. What age did you start playing
CJ: Oh I started playing around 2 or 3
4. Other than hockey what are your hobbies/things you like to do outside the rink?
CJ: I don't know uh, I like living on the farm, riding quads, ATVs, that stuff, hanging out with friends
5. Is there anything you would like to tell the fans?
CJ: Come to our games, support us, get loud, have fun
6. Where do you see yourself in hockey in the next 5 years?
CJ: I mean it depends how juniors goes. I mean playing college hockey or professionals somewhere
7. Who is your favorite NHL team and player?
CJ: Favorite NHL team is Calgary Flames. Favorite player probably Marc-Andre Fleury
8. What do you enjoy most about Missoula?
CJ: The fans. I love playing here. It's fun. I love, I just love the atmosphere
9. Goon, Slapshot, or Miracle?
CJ: Slapshot
10. If you had to compare yourself to any NHL player who would it be (and why?)
CJ: I'd say either Tim Thomas or Marc-Andre Fleury. I guess had to battle through everything, through minor hockey, just to get where I am right now
11. Do you have any pregame rituals or songs?
CJ: Uh ya a fair amount of them, I like to keep them to myself
12. Who is the best travel partner?
CJ: Probably this year, Tanner Todd.
13 Best dressed?

CJ: Me haha

14. Favorite hockey memory?

CJ: Either beating Helena last year in Helena or beating Notre Dame Academy back in Bantams

15. Worst locker room experience?

CJ: I don't know, I haven't had too many bad ones here. Nothing that I can think of

16. Who is the team's player who best embodies the junior lifestyle?

CJ: Oh I don't know, I'd probably say me , Tyler, or Schafer. I got beauty of the year last year so I'd like to be proud of that

17.  If you had to be stranded on a desert island with anyone in the world who would it be?

CJ: Miley Cyrus she's hot

18. Being a veteran on the team, how are you going to help the rookies this year?

CJ: I mean I want us to bring a solid work ethic in the gym and on the ice too. Helping them out with some of the new systems that they're going to get used to and playing in front of the fans, junior hockey, it's a different atmosphere every night

   Cody is a great goaltender as well as a great person to talk hockey with! I am very excited that he decided to return this year because there will be in no doubt amazing saves to watch every night he plays! Thanks for talking with me Cody and good luck with the Maulers this season!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha