Skip to main content
Getting to know your Maulers
Player #11 Austin "Auzzie" Auzzinnaro






Get to know your Maulers
Player #11: Austin "Auzzie" Auzzinnaro






(Credit to Missoula Maulers)
Welcome back to another Meet your Maulers! This time we get to meet defenseman #25 Austin "Auzzie" Auzzinnaro! Auzzie is 6 ft 0 inm 175 lbs, and is from Spokane Valley, Washington, USA, and is a '96. In the 2012-2013 season he played with Team Compete U-17. Austin was the first one I decided to test out the new questions on, partially by his choice, and it went very well! He is a very sturdy and dependent defenseman who you would put out on the ice to get things done. Whether that be to score goals, assist goals, take out a few dirty players here and there, or try and manage to save a shift that has gone completely awry. He is basically the complete package that you would want in a blue liner. Now I haven't seen him fight yet but when he does I am fairly certain that it will be sick! He gets loads of ice time and I can understand why. Auzzie is great with the biscuits and has awesome tape to tape plays. His checks are huge and his skates are fast. I am undeniably excited to watch him play this season. I had the great pleasure of interviewing him the other day and here is what he had to say!


1. Why did you decide to join the Maulers?

AA: I joined the Maulers because I heard the atmosphere was good and the town was amazing. I wanted to play for a good team in this league so it was an easy choice

2. How do you feel about playing with a lot of your old team mates from Spokane?

AA: At first I was skeptical but I came around and I love it now because I know where they're at all the time. I knew I wanted to play with Erich Jaeger for sure

3. Favorite NHL team and player?

AA: Pittsburgh and I don't have a fav player

4. What skills do you expect to bring to the team on and or off the ice?

AA: On the ice I want to bring speed, solid defense, and shots on net. Off the ice I just want to be a team mate who is fun to be around and bring positive life to this team

5. Favorite pregame meal?
AA: 3 peanut butter and jellies

6. What do you enjoy to do when you are not playing hockey?

AA: I like to hang out with my work out buddy Anders Nord and billet brother Edward Pollon. But usually I like playing endless games of ping pong

7. Greatest chirp you have said or been told?

AA: You know I am one of the best chirpers out there but I don't really remember what I say. It just all flows out. So whatever comes out is my favorite

8. Best hockey memory?

AA: Beating Kent Valley in the championship after they all got and hung up in the locker room championship shirts and hats and ordered their plane tickets and hotel rooms. Loved beating them

9. What is your worst locker room experience?

AA: Something that happened stays in the locker room

10. Best dressed?

AA: I'm going to have to say me cause of my Letterman's coat and headbands and my school spirit at volleyball games

11. Worst rink you have ever played in?

AA: Oh wow I'll say the small rink in Rossland, Canada with the tractor for a Zamboni

12. Where do you see yourself in hockey in the next 5 years?

AA: Hopefully in college either playing hockey or just studying

13. Best travel partner?

AA: Erich Jaeger is the best but also the worst. If he sleeps on the floor I love him but if he sits in the chair next to me I hate him haha

14. Xavier LaFlamme, Hanson Brothers, or Jack O'Callahan?

AA: Hanson

15. Which NHL player would you like to play one on one with?

AA: Hmmm I'll say Datsyuk

16. What player on the team best embodies the junior hockey lifestyle?

AA: I'll say Corey Schafer

17. Is there anything you would like to tell the fans?

AA: Just want to say please come out and watch. I love seeing you all there and I feed off of your excitement level. The louder you are the better I play. Thanks to you all fans

18. If you had to be stuck on a desert island with anyone in the world and anyone on the team who would it be?

AA: I would bring Erich Jaeger

  As you can see, Auzzie is an all around hockey beauty with an enormous passion for the game and is a definite choice to watch this season! I had an awesome time interviewing him! Thank you Auzzie and good luck this season! 
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle