Skip to main content
Steuck and Smith Interview






Biscuits and Breezers



     Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! In this blog you will be able to briefly meet new Cobra players Josh Smith and Zach Steuck. I was able to "sit down" with both players early in the afternoon of April 27th and ask them both a few questions about the team and their thoughts about moving to their new homes in Montana. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with Derick Brehm and Jarrett Scheibel (the other two official Cobras) sometime during this week. But in the mean time, meet the next two players that have officially joined the Biscuits and Breezers hockey family!! You will be able to follow updates on them all throughout this season. Enjoy!

(Credit to Facebook - Josh Smith)

    When thinking of ice hockey, Scotland wouldn't generally be the first country you think of to produce some amazing junior players, but Josh Smith and many other Scottish players are changing that idea. As hockey is becoming more prominent in Scotland, Smith will be bringing a wicked style of play to your new WSHL team. After spending a few seasons in Canada with the Ontario Hockey Academy, Smith has combined the European game with the North American style to create an unbelievable playing style that will certainly have the Butte Cobras fans on the edges of their seats every night. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how Josh will take over control of the ice every game because from what I've seen up to this point, I can guarantee you, it will blow you away. Right now, you can certainly expect to see a quick skater who is great at moving the puck, working the boards, and is working his hardest 100% of the time. Josh will be a great player on and off the ice and undoubtedly being one of the best players out there.  Without any further delays, meet Josh Smith!

Biscuits: What are you most looking forward to with the Cobras?

Smith: I am looking forward to a new experience playing in the states and becoming part of the Butte community

Biscuits: Why did you decide to sign with Butte?

Smith: I have heard great things about Coach Jonasson and I feel being coached by him will help my development in hockey and as a person off the ice

Biscuits: What will you be bringing to the team in terms of style of play?

Smith: Speed and a skillful style of play and a good work ethic

Biscuits: What are you expecting from a new league and new hockey community?

Smith: A chance to grow as a player and achieve a higher level, I am really excited to help bring good hockey back to the community

Biscuits: What are your thoughts on the organization so far?

Smith: I think they are very well organized and they communicate with me and keep me informed and are making it easy for me to make the move to Butte

Biscuits: What leadership qualities will you be bringing to the team?

Smith: I am going to do my very best to set a good example both on the ice and off the ice

Biscuits: Do you think your European and Canadian playing experience will place you as one of the top players on the team?

Smith: In my hockey career I have gained a lot of experience playing in my hometown of Fife and I have also played in Austria for 2 years. The last 3 years I have played in Canada, 2 of these years were with my prep school Ontario Hockey Academy and last season with Toronto Attack and Toronto Predators Junior A, I will bring that experience with me and use it to benefit the team

Biscuits: What do you think of the rapid growth of the team?

Smith: I think it is amazing what they have done in a short space of time. It shows their passion and determination to bring good hockey back to Butte and I would also like to thank Coach Jonasson and Mr. Burks for giving me the opportunity to be part of the organization

Biscuits: How was it to be the first player signed in franchise history?

Smith: I feel privileged and honored to be the first signing for the team

Biscuits: Are you excited to compete on a team in Montana?

Smith: I am very excited, I have never been to Montana and I am looking forward to the experience and building good relationships with my new teammates

  Thank you very much Josh and best of luck with the Cobras this season! Next up, Zach Steuck!

(Credit to Google Images - mtstandard.com)

   With our next Cobra player, we have Zach Steuck.  I am incredibly excited to watch Steuck play this season because he is a large, strong, and confident player who knows how to play a phenomenal game and how to get the genos on the board every night. He will be a great asset to Butte because he will be one of the main driving forces and will be a stable base for his team mates to rely on. Zach was the assistant captain for Coach Jonasson's previous team, the Steele County Blades, and should be bringing immense leadership to Butte which is beneficial considering this is the inaugural season. From what I have seen so far, Zach is going to bring an out of this world physical game but at the same time he should have a constant point streak. With his experience in Minnesota and with the MnJHL, Steuck has great sense of the sport and is an absolute power house every shift. I can already see him being a definite crowd pleaser. Here is Zach Steuck!

Biscuits: What are you most looking forward to with the Cobras?

Steuck: I'm looking to have a great season with the guys on the team, make memories, and to just have fun

Biscuits: Why did you decide to sign with Butte?

Steuck: I decided to sign because I've always played in Minny so I wanted to travel the states and play the game that I love doing it!

Biscuits: What will you be bringing to the team in terms on style of play?

Steuck: I will be a two way player, play defense but I also can fill in and play forward

Biscuits: What are you expecting from a new league and new hockey community?

Steuck: I hope to get the community and fans into our team and to have support at every home game and fill the arena

Biscuits: What are your thoughts on the organization so far?

Steuck: Very impressed

Biscuits: What leadership qualities will you be bringing to the team?

Steuck: I was assistant captain for Coach Jonasson last year so I know the role pretty well for on the ice and off as well

Biscuits: Are you happy to be playing with Coach Jonasson for another season?

Steuck: Yes it is always a blast

Biscuits: What do you think of the rapid growth of the team?

Steuck: I know most of the players and I'm excited to get it starting this upcoming season

Biscuits: Do you think that your "A" will transfer over to the Cobras?

Steuck: I hope it will but if it doesn't I won't be upset cause I will do what's best for the team

Biscuits: Are you excited to compete on a team in Montana?

Steuck: Hell yeah! Should be interesting and most importantly fun!

Thank you very much Zach and good luck with the Cobras this season! 


  As you can see, the Cobras already have some very impressive players on roster. It will be incredibly exciting to see who becomes the next Cobra! Good luck boys and make sure to keep up with Butte Cobras updates on Biscuits and Breezers! Thanks for reading another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Every blog will be filled with updated hockey news, player reviews, and much more! Until next time remember, don't get your breezers in a bunch because hockey is always around the corner. Remember, it's always a great day for hockey and it's a lifestyle not just a sport!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle