Skip to main content
Jessee Game




Biscuits and Breezers






  Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! In this blog you will be able to meet the incredibly talented captain of the Edina Lakers, Jessee Game! In the 2013-2014 season, he had 7 goals in 45 games played, 26 assists, 33 TPs, 2 power play goals, 73 PIMs, and 1 game winning goal. Before I get to the interview, I would like to discuss Jessee as a player. Game is the type of player that goes out onto the ice every night playing his absolute hardest, supporting his team mates as much as he can, and playing an incredible game of hockey. His leadership skills on and off the ice are absolutely phenomenal and he is definitely one of the main keys to the Edina Lakers' success this season. He is supporting his team mates no matter what circumstances the team is in and is a solid block for his team to rely on. Jessee is the type of player who pushes the boundaries of the game as much as he can and is constantly trying to advance his game to be at the highest standards. His has great control of the puck, and when he has it, he controls the flow of the game. Jessee isn't necessarily the most physical player on the ice but he does not shy away from that side of the game. He has incredibly quick skates and an out of this world hockey IQ. He is one of the players that is always at the top of his game and who teams watch out for. Jessee gives the fans an amazing game each night and is a player you need to keep track of. Jessee Game is on a fast track to becoming a fantastic college player and a definite choice for a professional contract.

(Credit to mnjhl.com)

  Now we can get to the interview! I was fortunate enough to interview Jessee earlier this week and now you will get to know him a little bit better! Enjoy!

Biscuits: First of all, how do you feel your season in Edina went?
Jessee: I think we surprised a lot of people this season. Throughout the season we had struggles having to do with injuries. At some points in the season we only had 10 players but instead of falling apart the boys gave it all they had
Biscuits: How did you feel being named captain your first year with the Lakers?
Jessee: It was truly a honor to be captain. Last year being assistant captain helped show me how to be a leader on and off the ice. Being a captain at first was a little nerve racking with rookies and other players looking to you to lead them but I had a great group of teammates that all had each others backs
Biscuits: Living in California, how would you describe the hockey scene there?
Jessee: I can say it's nothing like the State of Hockey but don't get me wrong the hockey scene in California is definitely expanding. Playing high school hockey here, I was on the first high school team in Southern California now I believe that there is about 20 teams. The amount of teams is only going to grow and the competition will become tougher and tougher
Biscuits: What do you plan to accomplish in your last year of juniors next season?
Jessee: I'm going to try to play Tier 2 this year. I have a few camps and tryouts this summer in May. I'm excited to see what happens
Biscuits: Living in Minnesota for a season, do you feel your views on hockey have changed?
Jessee: Mostly my view on how big high school hockey is out there. I went to the state tournament at the Xcel Center and almost every game was sold out! Hockey was like football in California. Only makes me wish I grew up in Minnesota
Biscuits: As captain, what was the most important task you felt you needed to accomplish to lead a strong team?
Jessee: Definitely say a pregame speech to hype everyone to go out there without fear. It was actually a lot easier than I imagined. I personally was nervous giving my first speech to a bunch of guys I really didn't know much but it came out pretty inspirational. Had my buddy Chris Grassel tell me he had goosebumps after hearing it. Made me feel like I did my job
Biscuits: What are your plans concerning hockey after your junior career? College hockey?
Jessee: I plan on attending a four-year university and playing some NCAA Division 3 hockey while getting my degree in Business Marketing
Biscuits: How do you feel your season went with the Lakers? (A accidental repeat on my part but a continuation of question 1)
Jessee: The season with the Lakers definitely had it's ups and downs but I made some amazing memories and new brothers by the end of the season. It was a great time by the end. We weren't the most skilled team but we definitely had heart
Biscuits: What, in your opinion, was a milestone you passed in your junior career?
Jessee: A small milestone I had this year was making the MNJHL All Star team. I unfortunately couldn't make it due to my flights already being set on going home for Christmas break but it personally was nice receiving the offer
Biscuits: Do you feel that living in California has made you a better hockey player?
Jessee: I personally didn't think it did until this year when my assistant coach Casey Rooney told me the California kids have a certain grit to them that you can't find in any other state
Biscuits: Who or what has pushed you the most to be so successful on the ice?
Jessee: I would definitely have to say this one is my father Patrick Game. Ever since I was 3 years old my father has been to almost every single one of my games and practices. My past two years in juniors my father has watched every game online. I would say my parents are my biggest supporters
Biscuits: What is one thing you would tell a player just starting their junior career?
Jessee: Honestly, time flies. Enjoy it while it lasts. I've had an amazing experience the past couple of years and excited to see what comes next year

(Credit to mnjhl.com)

   Thank you very much Jessee for that great interview! As you can see by Game's replies, he is the type of player who cares immensely for the team he plays on and will do just about anything to see it succeed. Whichever team he plays for, he is completely committed to it and wears the jersey proudly. Jessee is definitely a player you want on your team because he is knowledgeable, strong, confident, and is a supporting base for the entire team to rely on. I honestly hope we see Jessee in the pros sooner rather than later because he has worked so hard to get there and will continue working hard until he reaches every goal that needs to be accomplished. Take the time to watch Jessee play because he is a genuine player that loves the game for the game and the history and always will. Good luck Jessee!

  Thanks for reading another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Every blog will be filled with updated hockey news, player reviews, and much more! Until next time remember, don't get your breezers in a bunch because hockey is always around the corner. Remember, it's always a great day for hockey and it's a lifestyle not just a sport!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle