Skip to main content
Getting to know your Maulers
Player #16 Max Rebholz





Get to know your Maulers
Player #16: Max Rebholz






(Credit to Missoula Maulers)
Welcome back to another Meet your Maulers! Let me introduce you to forward #8 Max Rebholz! Max is 5 ft 11 in, 185 lbs, is from Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA, and is a '94. I am not sure where he played for the 2012-2013 season but for the 2011-2012 season, it appears he played for the Milwaukee Jr Admirals. In the 2011-2012 season he had 7 goals in 37 games played, 4 assists, 11 TPs, 1 power play goal, 0 short handed goals, and 6 PIMs. I am very excited that Max is on the team this year because he is a quick skater and a sharp and accurate shooter. He isn't afraid to stand up for his team or his team mates. He is a tough player to be up against and stands his ground every time he goes out on the ice. In my personal opinion, I think that he will be one of the best offensive forces on the team this year because of his attitude towards the sport and the determination to play every game like it's the most important one of his life. He had phenomenal start to the season and lets hope he stays that way!  I had the great pleasure of interviewing Max recently and I hope you guys enjoy "meeting" him! With any further delays here is Max!

1. Why did you decide to join the Maulers this year?

MR: I heard it was a good way to meet girls haha, but I love playing hockey and with the Maulers there's a good potential to further myself in hockey

2. What skills on and off the ice do you expect to bring to the team this season?

MR: On the ice I bring a strong work ethic and I always try to develop a scoring chance every shift. Off the ice, I don't really know I'm always for the boys so whatever I can do to make us better

3. Favorite NHL team and player?

MR: My favorite team is the Ottawa Senators. My favorite player is Zach Parise

4. What is your favorite pregame meal?

MR: Any kind of pasta

5. What do you enjoy to do when you are not playing hockey?

MR: Anything outdoors really. I like to ski, fish, and golf. Missoula is really great with opening up the people to a lot of outdoor possibilities and I hope to take advantage of as many as possible

6. Greatest chirp you have said or been told?

MR: It's not really a chirp, but I've seen a kid score a goal and drink out of the goalie's water bottle on the net. I definitely wanna try that out sometime

7. Do you prefer the hockey scene back in Wisconsin or in Missoula and why?

MR: In Wisconsin you get the chance to go to NHL games like we went to a couple Blackhawk games and Wild games, and then the Wisconsin Badger hockey games are fun too. The hockey scene here though is really taking off and I think the Maulers have had a big influence on the growing scene so I'm grateful to be a piece of the uprising

8. Best hockey memory?

MR: Taking fifth in the National Championship in 2012. It was an incredible ride our team had as most people thought we would not win state

9. Worst travel experience?

MR: Haha man there's a lot I'm thinking of. I thought this was awesome, it was our team's first game of the year in Minnesota and it was 3 AM and there was a wedding after party going on in the hotel room next to ours. It was me, my dad, my friend, and his dad who worked a prison or something. Long story short, they were being way too loud and the hotel wasn't doing anything about it, so my dad and my friend's dad went over there to quiet things up, we got kicked out of the hotel and slept in the parking lot of the rink that night

10. Best dressed?

MR: I mean I think I clean up real nice when I want to, but I guess Henrik has some style

11. Worst rink you have ever played in?

MR: No questions asked, the home rink of the Colorado Thunderbirds is brutal. They play at an old aircraft carrier center or something, which sounds cool but the locker rooms had a piece of plywood for the door and no showers

12. Where do you see yourself in hockey in the next 5 years?

MR: I don't know I'm just gonna let it come to me

13. Best travel partner?

MR: So far Billy Bigham

14. Xavier LaFlamme, Hanson Brothers, or Jack O'Callahan?

MR: Hanson Brothers no doubt

15. Which NHL player would you want to go 1 on 1 with?

MR: Crosby, I'd like to take down Crosby

16. What player best embodies the junior hockey lifestyle?

MR: Schafes or Nally

17. Is there anything you would like to tell the fans?

MR: Fear not bring your kids!

18. Which NHL player would you compare yourself to?

MR: I try to resemble Zach Parise, he always makes the right play and has a work ethic like non other

19. If you had to be stuck on a desert island with anyone in the world and anyone on the team who would it be?

MR: Kate Upton, then maybe like Manning or Z who can actually catch fish haha

Max is a great addition to the team and I can see him being a big asset to the team this season! It was a great pleasure to get to chat with Max and to get to know him a little bit as well as you all will. Good luck Max this season and thank you for the interview!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha