Skip to main content
Getting to know a Mauler:
Player #1 Erich Jaeger


Get to know your Maulers
Player #1 Erich Jaeger




(Credit to Missoula Maulers)
Recently I agreed to help out the Missoula Maulers and help get their players/team noticed by interviewing each player one by one and help show a personal side to each of them. I decided to start off with rookie and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho native Erich Jaeger. He is forward #18, 6 ft 0 in tall, 170 lbs, and is a '96. In the 2012-2013 season he played for the Compete U-17 and he previously played for the Spokane Jr. Chiefs. It was a pleasure to meet him because Erich is a great guy to get to know and he has a great sense of humor! Without any more delays here are the questions I asked!:

1. What are you most looking forward to this season?

EJ: Umm, I am really just looking forward to having fun. I just play hockey for fun.

2. What do you expect to bring to the team this year?

EJ: Hopefully a lot of scoring and stuff. I like to play offense so hopefully scoring.

3. What age did you start playing?

EJ: 2 years old

4. Other than hockey what are your hobbies/things you enjoy to do outside the rink?

EJ: I don't know. I try to be pretty good at school. I guess my parents have always like, my parents are both doctors so they have always tried to describe it as once you get out of school you don't realize how good school is 'til you get out so I just try to enjoy school as much as I can. And I don't know hockey takes up quite a bit of my time, I used to play a lot of soccer when I was younger but not as much anymore.

5. What is your favorite NHL team and/ or player?

EJ: Minnesota. Not because they are super good or anything just because I'm from Minnesota. Well actually my dad is from Bloomington.

6. Where do you see yourself in hockey in the next 5 years?

EJ: I don't know, I want to go play juniors somewhere and just enjoy myself.

7. Is there anything you would like to tell the fans?

EJ: Come to the games!

8. Xavier LaFlamme, Hanson Brothers, or Jimmy Craig?

EJ: Xavier probably

9. What do you enjoy most about Missoula so far?

EJ: It is weird because Missoula is like a bigger town but has a small town atmosphere. I don't know, I don't get it. My dad was trying to describe it to me because he went to college here, but I just don't know.

10. If you had to compare yourself to any NHL player past or present who would it be and why?

EJ: Oh man I don't like this question. Um I heard there is this one defenseman on L.A. I don't remember his name but my coach always used to think I played like him but I really don't play defense anymore so I don't know I'm not sure.

11. Best travel partner?

EJ: I always travel with Auzzie [Azzinnaro.] We have been friends for a long time so I am always with him but I always end up with Anders. I have never really traveled with anyone except Auzzie yet so far, only two trips.

12. Pregame rituals or songs?

EJ: I try not to be too superstitious, but I always tie my right skate first. I don't know why but it happens. I try to go through the same warm up every single time no matter what. That's about it.

13. If you had to name a villain/superhero pair on the team who would it be?

EJ: Superhero would be like probably Anders and the villain would be Schafer probably.

14. Best dressed?

EJ: Oh probably one of the Swedes. They have really expensive clothes. I don't know, Henrik, either Henrik or Sebastian. They are probably equal.

15. Favorite hockey memory?

EJ: One time we beat this team in state, probably every other kid from Spokane my age would say it too. We beat Kent Valley at state 5-2 and we should have lost by like a lot.

16. Worst locker room experience?

EJ: Oh umm this isn't the worst actually. Actually nah I will let someone else say it because it involves Auzzie. Actually you know one time, this is a better one. We were showering in Locker Room 3 in Spokane and Matt Chamberlain was on the team and it was really misty, lots of steam, and I don't know what he was pretending to be but he got on all fours and started running around the locker room and it so funny, I don't know why.

17. Who best embodies the junior lifestyle?

EJ: I would say probably Schafer or McNally. One of those two.

18. If you had to be stranded on a desert island with anyone in the world who would it be?

EJ: Well it wouldn't really matter it wouldn't last very long. Probably, hmm anyone in the world.....probably if it was about survival I would want some one different. Can I make it off the Island? Yes, sure. You don't have to die on the island. Then I would have Bear Grylls or someone. If you could only have one person make it off the island, Bear Grylls  and I would make it off. So you would kill him? No I would make it off and he would save it.

   As you can see this rookie is excited to get out on the ice and rack up some points! Good luck this year Erich! Make sure to stayed tuned for the next blogs of Meet the Maulers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha