Skip to main content
#87 Blog Dedication



Biscuits and Breezers




       Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! With the uploading of the last blog we reached #87, so in honor of this achievement I have decided to dedicate blog #87 to #87 himself, Sidney Patrick Crosby! We all know him and it comes to personal opinion whether you care for him or not but any hockey fan will tell you that he is the greatest hockey player playing today along with Stamkos, Ovie, St. Louis, and so on. Undoubtedly he is the face of the NHL. We haven't seen much of the original Crosby for the past couple of seasons because of his concussions but I think that will end shortly. With Sid you either love him or hate him and each of those passions run deep but you can never forget what he did for hockey. He brought hockey back to Pittsburgh, he scored Canada's Golden Goal in the 2010 Olympics, he and the Penguins brought the Cup back to Steel Town, he brought fame to a small town Nova Scotia, Crosby reminded people why hockey was the greatest sport on Earth, and gave life to the NHL. No hockey fan will forget when Sidney was out with his first concussion either. Currently Crosby has his own line of Reebok equipment (SC87) and is promoting children/youth hockey in both Pittsburgh and Nova Scotia. There are many negatives against him but there also many positives. You don't always see players willingly going to children's hospitals just to spend time with them and make their day a good one without the Cup in tow. He has personally delivered season tickets and spends quite a bit of time with his fans outside of the arena. So before you say you hate Crosby and he is such a cry baby think of what he does and then what the other players do. Now I am not saying this to be demanding or to boss everyone around it is just something that has been nagging at me for a long time. So here is to you Crosby! Credit to Google Images and YouTube for all the media. Quotes were found on various quote sites.


Crosby's logo with his Reebok line. Who remembers when it was released? I do but if you don't it was designed in 2007 and he signed the largest endorsement deal in the National Hockey League's history with Reebok worth $1.4 million a year for 5-7 years on May 29, 2010. Crosby also has endorsements with Tim Hortons, Bell, and Gatorade. He was voted for Time's 100 Most Influential People List in 2007 as seen by the magazine cover below.

Sidney Crosby: On the Ice and Beyond full was found on
YouTube. This video was produced in 2008 and documents what is in the title. His life on the ice and beyond. I love the first line of the video, which would be "Sidney Crosby is the heart beat of the Penguins." I mean that alone sums up just about everything. As some might also say, "The legacy continues." I would also consider him the heart beat of the NHL. I think it is absolutely amazing to live in a time that proclaimed Lemieux, Crosby, Brodeur, Jagr, Ovechkin, and many others. I personally like Sid and the Pens very much but I am not writing biased I swear. I think that Sid has only shown a fraction of what he can do as well. I believe there is more to come whether it be another gold medal for Team Canada, another cup for Pittsburgh, or just simply more amazing goals but when people call him The Next Gretzky or The Next Lemieux I agree with them. The Great One himself even said this about Sid, "But in my mind, I don’t think there’s any question Sidney Crosby is the best all-around player in the game. His hockey sense is so strong and so solid, combined with his God-gifted talent of being able to see the ice, see the entire picture in front of him. And, most importantly, I don’t care how good you are, if you don’t have a work ethic, it doesn't matter. There’s no question that each and every game, he’s one of the hardest-working guys on the ice. In my mind, he’s the best player in the game today."

 "He keeps you on the edge of your seat. He gets off the ice and you can’t wait to see him get back on."
- Former NHLer Gilles Meloche

"I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I'll have to accept." - Sidney Crosby


"He's a special kid. He's a better player than I was at the same age, for sure. He's got it all."
- Mario Lemieux

"I think as a Canadian hockey player, you go through it in your mind so many times, being able to stand on that blue line and hear your national anthem play and being a gold medal champion, you dream of that. And then to be able to accomplish that and actually win a gold medal and represent your country it's an amazing feeling." - Sidney Crosby

"I've won the Stanley Cup, won gold medals. Getting Sidney Crosby was the happiest day of my life."
-  Craig Patrick

"I don't think there's ever a time where I step back and say I wish I was doing something different I'm doing what I love to do." - Sidney Crosby


"Dreams are so important you need to have 
big goals and expect a lot of yourself but you
 have to enjoy the ride too." - Sidney Crosby


"Hockey is that thought inside your head saying, 
'Wouldn't it be amazing getting up every day 
and playing and doing something that you love to do?'" 
- Sidney Crosby



Thanks for reading another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Every blog will be filled with updated hockey news, player reviews, and much more! Until next time remember, don't get your breezers in a bunch because hockey is always around the corner. Remember, it's always a great day for hockey and it's a lifestyle not just a sport!



   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha