Skip to main content
#62



Biscuits and Breezers






   Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Wow what a week this has been. Many things have happened and many things I will write about! Some of these might be a little old but I wanted to touch on them anyway. I will talk about a Swedish player's shoot out, all the NHL injuries, and Tomas Jurco's glow in the dark video. Let's start out with the shoot out video! I was recently sent a video by one of my biggest clients William Bjork. He plays for the Lycksele SK Division 2 team. Anyway besides that as I said before he sent me a YouTube video of his shoot out and let me say I was very impressed! I thought the "Jagr" salute at the end was a very nice touch. Basically what happened was he rushed down the ice, faked the goalie out and went top shelf. I think this is a very good confidence building moment for him. Congratulations William! I hope you all like this video because this kid is going to go far in Swedish and American hockey alike! Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bio3k_ETg0&sns=em

   Now we can talk about the NHL injuries. It seems what the media and coaches expected turned out to be full reality. Players are dropping like flies from all the injuries they are receiving! I believe that all these injuries are coming from all the non-playing time they had to deal with when the NHL was locked out. They simply weren't ready and composed for the hits they haven't received for an extended long period of time. I think I can name at least 3 players off the top of my head that have been having big troubles. Lets see, Evgeni Malkin, Hampus Lindholm, Kris Letang, Jason Spezza, and so on. Also many of the injuries are requiring them to be out indefinitely. This could also let some of the bigger and stronger teams like the Detroit Red Wings to lose back to back to a smaller and weaker team like the Columbus Blue Jackets. I mean it is unbelievable how many teams are in unexpected positions in the standings for the fact that a) too many of their star players are out b) they are having to call up their rookies to play and sometimes they are not ready for the big game and c) the opposing teams are all in shambles as well! This is all messed up! I really hope that many of these players get in a healthier shape soon because when it comes time for the Stanley Cup playoffs, anything can happen.

   The last thing I want to talk about is Tomas Jurco's "Northern Lights" video. I saw this sick video while browsing YouTube and I absolutely loved it. It was a promotional video for the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. The really cool part was that the production crew wrapped Tomas in basically very large glow sticks and had him skate around the ice a couple times. I recall him saying that he wanted to do a few of his sticks skills but the lights on his stick didn't allow that. I would love it if more players from any team would make videos like this in the future because I think it really helps us relate to them and we get to see their real personalities! I have a link from YouTube so you all can see what I am talking about! I hope you enjoy it and think it is as cool as I did!


   Now we have come to the "Players of Today" segment! For the prospects pick we have MODO J20 SuperElit defenseman Robert Hagg. For the NHL player we have Stanley Cup winner and goaltender for the Los Angeles Kings Jonathan Quick. For the European pick we have Arizona Red Hawks defenseman Patrick Birath.

    Robert is 6 ft 2 in, 201 lbs, and is from Uppsala, Sweden. In the 2012-2013 season as captain, Robert had 11 goals in 28 games played, 13 assists, 24 TPs, 24 PIMs, and a +/- of 8. He is expected to go 21st in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to the Winnipeg Jets. He is always on the ice during critical situations and has a great shot. He is a very good skater and has great power play strategies. I personally am not a fan of the Jets but if he does indeed gets picked by Winnipeg, he will aid the team very well. Robert is a very good player who I think should definitely move into the NHL. As a player with high skills, you need room to expand and grow and there is no better place to do it than in the show itself. I really hope this kid moves up because after he gets drafted, he is going to pack quite the punch. Good luck Robert with the SuperElit, the NHL draft, and your future hockey career!

   Jonathan is 6 ft 1 in, 218 lbs, and is from Milford, Connecticut, USA. In the 2011-2012 Stanley Cup winning year, Jonathan had 35 wins in 69 games played, 21 loses, 13 overtime loses, 10 shutouts, 133 goals against, 1863 saves against, .929 save percentage, 1.95 goals against average, and 4099 minutes played. With the ring on his finger, obviously he is doing something right! He has very good glove saves, great butterflies, and is very big in the net. Unfortunately, the rock solid young goaltender that struck the world last season, isn't doing as well as he did last year. Well of course no one even thought the Kings had a chance but that is another story for another time! I think that he would have to be one of my favorite goaltenders just because of all the personality he exudes out on the ice. You can definitely tell that he loves being on the ice and being with his team. I want to see him play in person and not just on a screen because I think that it would be outstanding. He is the new standard that we as a human race are holding our young goaltenders to. Good luck Jonathan with the Kings and your future NHL career!

  Last but certainly not least we have Patrik. He is 6 ft 2 in, 223 lbs, and is from Karlstad, Sweden. He was captain of the Red Hawks and during the 2012-2013 season, he had 1 goals in 40 games played, 10 assists, 11 TPs, 42 PIMs, and 2 power play assists. He won top Defensive Defenseman and committed to Stonehill College for his college hockey experience. Congratulations! I think that Patrik is a very good defenseman who definitely knows what he is doing. He obviously knows what he is doing and is a very good leader. He can take a group of guys whom he has never met before and change them into a band of brothers who will fight for one another. He is always circling for the puck and is very technical with his game. Patrik is one of the bigger players and definitely uses that to his advantage. I can't wait to see how his college career goes because I think he will succeed very well. I loved watching him play this season and I am very excited to see what he brings next! Good luck Patrik at Stonehill and your future hockey career!

   Thanks for reading another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Every episode will be filled with updated hockey news, player reviews, and much more! Until next time remember, don't get your breezers in a bunch because hockey is always around the corner. Remember, it's always a great day for hockey and it's a lifestyle not just a sport!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle