Skip to main content


Biscuits and Breezers

Player Request:
Dylan Chase


    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! We have another player request! Yes young rookie defenseman for the Missoula Maulers, Dylan Chase has been requested! If I might point out it is a total coincidence that another Mauler was picked. Hopefully and probably I will have players from other teams requested in the future. Well we need to start somewhere so here we go! Dylan Chase is 5 ft 10, 185 lbs, and is from Riverwoods, Illinois, USA. I couldn't locate his 2011-2012 stats but his 2012-2013 stats are 2 goals in 38 games played, 16 assists, 18 TPs, a +/- of 21, 38 PIMs, 1 power play goal, 7 power play assists, and 1 game winning goal. So far playing 40 games, the Maulers won 22, lost 16, had 2 overtime loses, and have a total of 26 points total. They are sitting in fourth place in the AWHL League Standings. Dylan is a very good defenseman but being a rookie, he has a lot of competition with the veteran Maulers. Last year, the Maulers were known for their amazing defenseman that ultimately took them all the way to being the regular season champions. This as a 2012-2013 rookie is a lot to live up to, but I think he is doing a fantastic job of it. He is one of the star d-men and is one of the most beloved players in Missoula, Montana. I actually had the pleasure of interviewing him so I think we will get to that next!
Dylan's Roster Photo (Credit to Missoula Maulers)
 The first question I asked Dylan was, "How do you think your season is going so far? Is it going as you expected it to go?" Chase responded, "I think our season isn't going as many people have planned it to go thus far. There have definitely been some highs and lows throughout the year and we have lost a handful of games that we shouldn't have dropped. On the other hand, we have won some big games against good teams so far." The next question I asked was, "You are one of the star players in the town of Missoula, how do you feel about that?" He said, "Haha well I don't really view myself like that but it definitely feels good for some people to see me as a 'star player'. I just try to go out there every game and give it my very best." I asked Dylan, "I have been really impressed with your plays lately, how are you planning to step things up for next season?" He replied, "Thank you...You know I don't really know the makeup of the team next year but the off season is very important for any hockey player. Lifting and staying in shape is essential to going into training camp in top shape. The off season is also a time to improve your skill set. If all the guys buy into doing that, the team can be very successful next year." "This player request was sent in by a huge fan of yours in Missoula. If you could say something to them or your fan base in general what would it be?" Dylan answered, " I came to Missoula a little late than most of the guys and I didn't really know what to expect. Well I never expected all the love that the team got as well as kids having signs with my name on it and I have to say it's been unbelievable. It makes every home game that much more exciting when you got a big crowd cheering you on and hear people screaming your name....So who ever requested me, I appreciate it and I hope we can make a great run in the playoffs for you guys!" "Do you think you will stay with the Maulers for another season or do you think you will move up?" Chase said, "Right now I'm not sure where hockey will bring me...as of now I'm just focused on finishing out this year strong." The last question I had for Dylan was, " How has it been being a rookie for the Maulers? How have the boys been to you and how has the city treated you? Anything special or an event that happened that you will always remember?" The last answer from Dylan was, "Being a rookie has been great...the boys are never too harsh and it's all in good fun when rookies are singled out...The city has been great everybody is so kind especially when they find out you play for the Maulers....Something I'll never forget (and probably my single most favorite hockey moment ever) would have to be my first game as a Mauler scoring the overtime goal in our home opener against Billings. I don't think I slept that night!" As you can see Dylan is very happy to live in Missoula and is absolutely thriving. Getting along with the team, town, and the fans. Thank you so much for the interview it was great talking with you!
High Performance Hockey League
   As you can see this has probably been one of the best years in Dylan's hockey career. I feel like, if he doesn't move up, will work with the Maulers for quite awhile because he fits perfectly in with the organization. You can tell when you see him on the ice that he is coached very well and properly. He has great hands, stick control, and passes. Dylan though isn't a defenseman that goes out and makes the big hits that get the crowd on their feet. He works and progresses more towards the technical aspects of the game such as handling, passing, shooting, and scoring. Every time we gets a chance with the puck the fans go crazy. The reason behind this is because he can make the necessary connections to tuck things top cheese, five hole, or corners behind the goalie. I have gotten the privilege many times this season to watch the Maulers home games and let me tell you it was quite the experience. I am very happy that I got to see a different side of him then what you would expect from him. Chase is very dedicated, whole hearted, appreciative, and deserves a lot more ice-time in my opinion! It is really nice a junior player now a days who strives to make the audience happy and actually plays for them. He isn't too cocky off the ice (considering hockey players get to be a little cocky at times just for the fact they are hockey players) and is very warm and welcoming to any one who will give him a minute to talk with them.  Good luck Dylan with the Maulers, in your future hockey career, and hopefully you guys get a playoff spot to end the regular season with a bang!
   
Missoula Maulers 2012-2013 (Credit to Missoula Maulers)

    Thanks for reading another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Every blog will be filled with updated hockey news, player reviews, and so much more! Until next time remember, don't get your breezers in a bunch because hockey is always around the corner. Remember, it's always a great day for hockey and it's a lifestyle not just a sport! I really hope that Dylan moves up next year but if he doesn't, which would be an extreme mistake for any team, I hope he stays with the Maulers because he is such a perfect defenseman for them! Unfortunately we have to end the blog here but hopefully I will be putting up videos of their games and showing some of Dylan's shifts in them so make sure to look out for them. Thanks for sticking with us and keep putting player reviews in because as long as they keep coming I will keep writing them! Thanks again Dylan!











Comments

  1. This guy really sounds like a hardcore hockey player with a Passion for the sport, i think he will go far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle