Skip to main content



Biscuits and Breezers

Player Request:
Viktor Steenson





           Welcome back to Biscuits and Breezers! I recently had a person request I do a piece on a specific player. Now this person that put in the request will not be named for confidentiality reasons 
but I will tell you, of course, who the player is. I work with him very often and he is one of my best clients. Viktor Steenson. Now, I know it might seem that I only concentrate on this particular player because he comes up in my blogs so often, but I promise you all of my clients get the same treatment as everyone else. Every player request is accepted and I try to work them in any way I can. So, with out any more explanation or reasoning let's get to the player already!

    Viktor Steenson is 6 ft 1 in, 210 lbs, and is from Vaxjo, Sweden. As you all probably know, he is playing for the Missoula Maulers in the AWHL for the 2012-2013 season. He is doing quite well too. Now I wouldn't describe him as a goon and not quite as a sniper, but in the middle. Viktor has the talents and capabilities of a sniper but really isn't known for his scoring. He is really known for getting out on the ice and working hard, banging bodies, crushing the enemy, and getting down and dirty. Steenson is the player that will put EVERYTHING the team needs before his needs even if that means working a specific player so his team can score the necessary goals. I really feel that he gets very attached to his team mates that are playing on the team for that season and that helps him out a lot too. Viktor is a very passionate player that really, I mean this is his life, pours his heart into every play. He is a "breed" of hockey player that is slowly dying out and it is very comforting to meet a player like him. I am talking about the player that plays for the game and not specifically the rewards and perks that come with it. I mean yes the rewards and perks are great but that's not the prize.
Viktor's Vaxjo J20 Lakers Picture (Credit to Vaxjo Lakers J20)


       The prize he plays for is the skates cutting the translucent ice. The roadies with the boys. The away games that take all night to get to and all morning to get home. He plays for the boys and for the team. The rituals before the games and the pump up music 5 minutes before warm ups. Starting line ups and line changes. See the key that Viktor works with also is that he makes time for his fans. If he is out for a game, he will walk around and talk to just about everyone that looks his way and they love it. He has time for everyone. I bet that during a game while he is out, he will talk to about 15-20 families before the final buzzer. You can tell he makes people happy because when his line goes out on the ice the fans will shout, "Go Sweden!" or "Steenson Steenson". Viktor makes sure he leaves a great impression on everyone that wants it. I am happy to see that he is thriving so far away from home because some players don't.

Viktor playing in his Breast Cancer Awareness Jersey (Credit to Missoula Maulers)


     Now the style that he has is quite different from anything I have seen before. Viktor combines Canadian, American, and European  styles of play to form one new generation of moves that is taking leagues across the world by storm. Forwards that won't take the place of defenseman, but will back them and play with them. Usually forwards stay away from the defenseman and keep with their line. But this is not Viktor. He will get down and dirty with the blue line boy as well as being a responsible forward. Viktor makes his presence known on the ice because he wants everyone to know that this is his game and his shift. If you mess it up, he hopes you are prepared to get what is coming. Most likely it won't be pretty. I mean I was at one of the games he was playing and an opposing player tripped him and then scurried away. Well, that was NOT the right choice at all. Viktor took all he had, found the guy, and smeared him into the boards. Guess what? With that hit Viktor unbolted the frame from the glass panes. It took them at least 10 minutes to screw all the bolts that came out, back in. I mean this was a huge hit. I was sitting about two rows up in the stands and I felt it.

Steenson's roster picture (Credit to Missoula Maulers)

     
              Well I guess it has come time to wrap this player request up. I am very happy that I was able to work with him this year and I hope to continue working with him in the future.  I also hope that he continues to strive this season and moves up to either the NAHL or NCAA next year. I think that this would be terrific for him and he really deserves it. Keep it up Viktor I'll be watching! Have a great rest of the season! Also thank you to the person that put this player request in I had a great time writing it.


           

         





     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#103 Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway as we speak and there are some very important headlines I need to report to all of you! But first of all here are the series standings as of 4/21/14: Montreal vs. Canadiens: Canadiens lead series 3 -0 Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild: Avalanche lead series 2-1 Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blue: Blues lead series 2-1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Penguins lead series 2-1 Anaheim Ducks vs. Dallas Stars: Ducks lead series 2-1 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings: Sharks lead series 2-0 New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: Series tied at 1-1 Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings: Series tied at 1-1    As for the headlines, we will be talking about Brent Seabrook's suspension, Flyers' Steve Mason playoff situation, Lucic's $5k fine, Backes will be out Game 3, Barrie out 4-6 weeks, Robidas
Fight of the Year Biscuits and Breezers        Before I move on to anymore news, I wanted to feature a fight that I think should be up for a fight of the year in the WSHL. This scrap was between a beast from Missoula and a goon from Seattle. That's right Austin Azzinnaro and Piers LaFrance battled it out in Missoula's last home game and it was amazing. You should have seen these two go at it! It was a complete yard sale of mitts, twigs, and buckets, and by the time Auzzie was done with the Totem, LaFrance was thrown out of the rink looking like he had just met Ross "The Boss" Rhea from Goon. Azzinnaro was ejected in pure beauty style; waving to the roaring fans, excited as can be, and pumped for another round. It was an absolutely incredible fight and I have never seen a junior fight go down as sweet as that one did. Not to mention this was Austin's first tilly! He is a born fighter and obviously it comes by him naturally because the skills he ha
Jamie Zaleski Biscuits and Breezers    Welcome back to another blog of Biscuits and Breezers! Today you will be able to meet and get to know FHL Danville Dashers center Jamie Zaleski a little bit better. You don't come across a player very often that is so passionate about the sport that he takes immense pride in every game he plays or every time he represents his team, but today I believe I was able to talk to one of those chosen few. Jamie is an amazing player who beams passion and talent every time he walks onto the ice for a game and when you see him play, I guarantee that by the end of the game you will be as stunned as I was when I first watched a Dashers game. Zaleski is the perfect player seeing that he has the ideal combinations of aggressive and physical plays, speed, and can score whenever it needs be. I have seen some pretty aggressive players in my time but Jamie Zaleski is the definition of aggression out on the ice. His hits are almost always cle